The Story of Elm Ink
In a beautiful seaside town in New England, there grows an enormous, old elm tree with branches so large and heavy they touch the ground. Walk between the branches onto the mossy ground underneath, and it’s as if you’ve entered another world. The air is thicker, greener. The trunk and roots twist and turn, knotted and smooth to the touch. It’s hard not to linger and daydream. Here, anything seems possible, and creative thought comes easily.
When I first encountered this tree, I didn’t know that its memory would serve as a touchstone throughout my career when I needed to stoke creativity. And when it came time to name my budding new business, Elm Ink was born. Here, ingenuity and originality thrive. Problems are solved with equal parts creativity and practicality. Collaboration is key to a campaign’s success.
Like the branches of my elm tree, the best stories have twists and turns. Let’s tell yours together.
Elm Ink is certified as a Women's Business Enterprise (WBE) by the Women's Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC), the nation's largest third-party certifier of businesses owned and operated by women in the U.S.
Hello! My name is Liz Fetchin, and it’s a pleasure to have the opportunity to share my work with you. If you’ve clicked through to this page, you are interested in getting to know more about my background, so I will include a brief summary below. For more information about my career, volunteer work and education, hop on over to LinkedIn or contact me.
- I have 10+ years of experience working to build the profiles of businesses in the fields of museums, public gardens, sustainability, the performing arts, consumer packaged goods, higher education and healthy food.
- My diverse client list includes both nonprofit and for-profit organizations. See my full client list or read testimonials.
- My past work includes serving as director of marketing and communications at Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens where I headed work on two campaigns that won awards from the American Marketing Association.
- Prior to that, I was an editor at Pittsburgh Magazine.
- I earned my Bachelor of Science in magazine journalism/communications from Ohio University's E.W. Scripps School of Journalism.
- I was trained in classical ballet at Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre and minored in modern dance in college. Being a dancer taught me discipline, humility, tenacity and poise under pressure. I still like to move every day, whether it’s in a yoga class, hiking or chasing after my son.
You should also know that:
- I am well-connected with media and other influencers.
- I have the unique ability to think creatively and analytically, making the most of your organization’s budget.
- I am hard-working, conscientious and thorough.
- I have never – ever – missed a deadline.
- I am a good listener.
You can take my word for it and get in touch. Or, read what my clients and collaborators have to say.